Forex Stock Exchange Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Forex Stock Exchange Forum

Forum About Trading on Forex,Stock,Binary Options, CryptoCurrency and NFTs

Thor Expert Advisor

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is Bitcoin ready to “grow up”?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bitcoin - Is Bitcoin ready to “grow up”? Empty Re: Is Bitcoin ready to “grow up”? Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:20 pm

Stuart Broad

Stuart Broad

Just unbelievable where Bitcoin was and where it is now. Just about having vision to spot such life changing opportunities. Most were late with Bitcoin, but there are some pretty solid options out there, it is just about figuring out. I was not able to take up with Bitcoin, but not with this latest sensation. I know some might make fun, but once people look back here after 1-2 years, they will regret as what they missed.

2Bitcoin - Is Bitcoin ready to “grow up”? Empty Re: Is Bitcoin ready to “grow up”? Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:55 am

vix69

Vlad wrote:I have read about Bitcoins that you can earn it, and then exchange. It is cool that in order to earn Bitcoins, you need to play games.

Playing games does not have any assurance of making you rich, bitcoin has now become a commodity and is widely accepted at many online stores. See today's rate...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

3Bitcoin - Is Bitcoin ready to “grow up”? Empty Re: Is Bitcoin ready to “grow up”? Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:03 pm

Vlad

Vlad

I have read about Bitcoins that you can earn it, and then exchange. It is cool that in order to earn Bitcoins, you need to play games.

4Bitcoin - Is Bitcoin ready to “grow up”? Empty Is Bitcoin ready to “grow up”? Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:42 pm

gandra

gandra
Global Moderator

For a very long time, it seemed that Bitcoin, the world’s foremost and most controversial crypto-currency, was born to be a teenager. Tumultuous, unpredictable and prone to violent mood swings from the get go, investors and users alike approached Bitcoin with caution just as they would their teenage son or daughter: for fear it might blow up in their faces.
But with the New York Stock exchange’s recent investment in  Coinbase, a premier Bitcoin exchange and wallet service, is Bitcoin finally on the verge of growing up?

An invitation to the adults’ table

The New York Stock exchange’s investment in Coinbase marks the biggest capital contribution the company has ever seen, but it’s significance reaches much further. A nod of confidence from the elder statesman of all financial exchanges signals a phase shift for Bitcoin investors.
At the very least, it means that Bitcoin is not going away any time soon, a distinct possibility in the currency’s earlier years if you look back at the multiple legal crackdowns on Bitcoin markets and the collapse of Mt. Gox.

At most, it means the launch of a new investment asset class that is independent from the existing stock, commodities and currencies markets and can provide a safe haven (the irony!) for investors in times of financial crisis.Altogether, this development can only encourage Bitcoin users to trust in the currency’s longevity and stability.

A growing eco-system

The NY stock exchange is not the only financial powerhouse showing interest in a new, more mature Bitcoin. Former bankers from the world’s leading banks, such as Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs, the French Societe Generale and BNP Paribas, have announced plans to launch a new Bitcoin trading platform for futures and options.

On the consumer side, major companies, such as Microsoft , Dell and the Japanese e-commerce giant Rakuten, have recently announced that they would start accepting Bitcoin payments for their products and services. An expansion of Bitcoin’s use as a currency rather than just an investment instrument, is expected to eventually lead to a more stable Bitcoin price.

So why the low price?

Despite growing acceptance and stability, Bitcoin prices haven’t been able to make the climb back to their previous highs.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Having said that, the price seems to have stabilized (for now) in the $220-$240 range. This can be seen as a sign of maturity rather than decline, since a grown up currency simply moves in small increments, rather than big jumps. For the adrenaline junkies among you this might spell bad news, as a stable Bitcoin would no longer provide the heart stopping thrills of its teenage years. However, for the mature and safe investor this might mean that Bitcoin may finally become a viable investment option.

What do you see in Bitcoin’s future? Have your say!

Note: Past performance is not an indication of future results. This post is not investment advice. CFD trading bears risk to your capital.

Last edited by gandra on Thu May 18, 2017 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Short info about me! I am a software developer at the same time. I developed several trading robots (expert advisors) for trading on the MetaTrader 5 and 4 trading platforms.
  • Expert Advisors on the MQL5 Market. My Current Offer
  • Official Telegram Channel: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
  • Official Facebook Channel: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://www.tradingview.com/u/DraganDrenjanin/ https://www.mql5.com/en/users/drgandra/seller#products

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum