Forex Stock Exchange Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Forex Stock Exchange Forum

Forum About Trading on Forex,Stock,Binary Options, CryptoCurrency and NFTs

Crypto Kong
advertisement

You are not connected. Please login or register

One Day Reversal

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1One Day Reversal Empty One Day Reversal Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:38 am

gandra

gandra
Global Moderator

One Day reversal is the starting point for most reversal patterns. After an extended rally the stock gaps higher at the open to trade at a new high on a positive news announcement. As the session proceeds volume expands significantly but by the close the entire rally disappears and the stock closes lower.

One Day reversals are by definition one day events and as such technical targets are not implied but if you look at every major reversal pattern you will quickly see that it all began with a one day reversal.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
• One day reversals occur because large investors choose to liquidate positions into strength so it is vital
that volume accelerate as the stock begins to work lower.
• The stock must close on the day of the reversal at or very near the session lows.

One Day reversals occur because large investors need liquidity to close long positions. They understand that the best way to liquidate a large position is to sell into good news when liquidity is highest -- so they are willing sellers on a day when the stock is making a new high and everyone is saying good things. Investors and media wonder how such good news could have resulted in such poor price performance.Indeed, over the next several sessions analysts and traders rationalize that the selling was simply overdue given the strong rally leading into the news but every subsequent rally fails. Weeks later the stock is well off its recent highs.

Short info about me! I am a software developer at the same time. I developed several trading robots (expert advisors) for trading on the MetaTrader 5 and 4 trading platforms.
  • Expert Advisors on the MQL5 Market. My Current Offer
  • Official Telegram Channel: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
  • Official Facebook Channel: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://www.tradingview.com/u/DraganDrenjanin/ https://www.mql5.com/en/users/drgandra/seller#products

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum