Forex Stock Exchange Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Forex Stock Exchange Forum

Forum About Trading on Forex,Stock,Binary Options, CryptoCurrency and NFTs

Crypto Kong
advertisement

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fundamental or Technical

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Technical - Fundamental or Technical Empty Fundamental or Technical Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:51 pm

gandra

gandra
Global Moderator

Another important decision which ideally should be made prior to the start of your trading is whether your approach will focus primarily on trading signals from technical indicators or from trading ideas based upon fundamentals.

I distinguish here between ideas and signals because they are two distinctly different types of approaches generated by two distinctly different understandings of the futures markets.Later on I will provide a very thorough discussion of the two approaches, outlining their strengths,assets, liabilities, differences and methods of implementation. For now, suffice it to say that a decision will need to be made, preferably sooner than later, about the approach you wish to employ in your trading.

Some individuals may seek to implement a hybrid approach, incorporating what they feel are the best aspects of each technique. I also will discuss the merits of this approach, or the lack thereof.

How Much Risk do You Want to Take on Each Trade?

A significant question, one that is perhaps best answered prior to the start of trading is, “how much do you want to risk on each trade?” Many factors enter into this decision, and there are many different
opinions regarding the best answer.On opposite ends of the continuum, we find the two most extreme approaches.

Those who belong to the “money management school” will tell you that the best approach to take is a per-trade risk based strictly on money management. In other words, you decide ahead the maximum
risk you want to take, in dollars. When a trade goes against you by the predetermined amount, you
close it out.On the other end of the spectrum is the “systems approach.” Proponents of this approach claim that each trade is unique. Every trade has specific levels of support and resistance and, therefore, it is not
possible to determine a prior rule for dollar risk.

My approach to this aspect of futures trading is essentially similar to my approach in other areas. I prefer not to be in the middle of the road. Rather, I would align myself with either of the extremes.As you continue to read this course, you will understand more clearly why my preference is usually to be found on one end of the spectrum or the other, but rarely in the middle.

It’s been said that you can walk on the left side of the road or the right side of the road, but if you walk in the middle of the road you will get squashed. There are merits to each approach and there is no right or wrong answer to the question. There is, however, an answer that is your answer. My job is to help you find it.

Hopefully, by the time you have finished this course, you will have found the answer falling naturally into place. For the time being, however, I will tell you that each approach has its strong and weak points and you can be successful by following either of the extremes.

Short info about me! I am a software developer at the same time. I developed several trading robots (expert advisors) for trading on the MetaTrader 5 and 4 trading platforms.
  • Expert Advisors on the MQL5 Market. My Current Offer
  • Official Telegram Channel: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
  • Official Facebook Channel: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://www.tradingview.com/u/DraganDrenjanin/ https://www.mql5.com/en/users/drgandra/seller#products

2Technical - Fundamental or Technical Empty Re: Fundamental or Technical Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:48 pm

Vlad

Vlad

Every trader with some experience choose the best analysis for himself. Some people prefer technical analysis, other like fundamental. You'd better use both of them. Fundamental analysis is the most difficult, so to make my trade easier I use my broker forecasts.

3Technical - Fundamental or Technical Empty Re: Fundamental or Technical Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:53 pm

Most of all I like technical analysis. It gives you lots of strategies, which aren't difficult to learn. Fundamental analysis demands putting in long hours of analysis.

4Technical - Fundamental or Technical Empty Re: Fundamental or Technical Mon May 01, 2017 7:06 am

ivanandrej25

ivanandrej25

Goldor wrote:Most of all I like technical analysis. It gives you lots of strategies, which aren't difficult to learn. Fundamental analysis demands putting in long hours of analysis.

The truth is we need technical and fundamental analysis to make better trades. But I have to agree with you a bit, I like technical analysis too. 

Unlike fundamental analysis, TA (technical analysis) doesn't focus on the stocks that are undervalued, instead, the important thing is the security's previous trading data.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum