Skrill payment flow
A simplified illustration of the Skrill payment flow is shown in the figure below.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
When the customer is ready to pay for goods or services on your website, they select the
Skrill payment option on your website.
2. You request a session identifier (SID) by passing customer and transaction details (e.g.,
amount, currency and language) to Quick Checkout.
3. Skrill returns the generated SID.
4. Using a light box or iframe you redirect the customer to Quick Checkout and include the
session identifier in the redirect URL. Skrill displays the Quick Checkout page.
5. The customer enters their payment information, plus any other details requested, and
confirms the transaction.
6. Skrill requests authorisation for the payment from the customer’s bank, third party provider
or card issuer.
7. The bank/provider approves or rejects the transaction.
8. Skrill displays the Quick Checkout confirmation page, containing the transaction result.
9. Skrill provides you with an asynchronous notification, sent to your status URL or IPN (instant
Payment Notification), confirming the transaction details and status.
Displaying Skrill as a payment option on your website
When a customer is on the checkout page of your website, there are a number of ways in which you
can present the Skrill payment options to them:
• Display Pay by Skrill logos
• Display logos of specific payment methods
Display Pay by Skrill logos
The simplest integration option is to present a generic Pay by Skrill logo or button on your website,
and then redirect the customer to the Skrill Quick Checkout page, where they can pay using a suitable
method or log in to their Skrill account to pay from their account balance. This integration option
ensures that your customers always have access to the full range of Skrill payment methods available
in their country or region.See the example logos below.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
You can download a copy of these logos in different sizes from the Skrill Website at: