- Cryptocurrency entrepreneurs should consider moving to a country with favorable regulation of the bitcoin industry. This was stated by Binance CEO Changpeng Zhao. He considers Dubai (UAE), Bahrain and France to be such jurisdictions. Zhao added that newcomers to the industry will definitely need legal advice in order to "not cross any of the red lines" set by regulators.
This advice came against the background of tightening regulation of the industry by the US authorities. In particular, we are talking about an investigation launched by the New York State Department of Financial Services against infrastructure company Paxos. The regulator later ordered the firm to stop issuing the Binance USD (BUSD) stablecoin. The SEC (US Securities and Exchange Commission) also announced its readiness to sue Paxos.
The CEO of Binance was supported by Uniswap founder Hayden Adams. “It is a shame to watch the US efforts in the cryptosphere. Innovative companies get an additional incentive to go abroad. It's like if the government banned the development of the Internet 30 years ago,” he wrote.
- According to Politico, Senator Elizabeth Warren has begun building a coalition against cryptocurrencies and is actively recruiting conservative Republicans in the US Senate. By doing so, she wants to support her bills, which could have serious consequences for the crypto industry, and which imply tighter restrictions in the fight against money laundering, including additional requirements for verifying the identity of consumers. Warren positions herself as a leading digital asset legislator and enjoys the backing of the banking lobby.
The US Department of the Treasury is currently actively monitoring cases of illegal funding using cryptocurrencies. The Warren bill will extend these obligations to other agencies and entities, including service providers in the digital asset segment.
- Ethereum co-founder Vitalik Buterin sent 99 ETH (~$155,000 at the time of writing) to Ahbap, a non-profit organization that raises money to help earthquake victims in Turkey and Syria. According to Ahbap's official website, the organization has already raised over $4.2 million in cryptocurrencies.
According to the latest data, the disaster has claimed the lives of more than 25,000 people. More than 80,000 people have been injured in Turkey alone. The series of earthquakes has become the largest since 2010 in terms of the number of victims.
- Investor and star of the TV show Shark Tank, Kevin O'Leary, said on The Wolf of All Streets podcast that most of the 10,000 digital assets are worthless. “They will eventually fall to zero due to the lack of volatility and [trading] volume. They are not needed,” he announced his verdict. O'Leary also talked about losing all of his crypto investments after the FTX crash in November 2022. However, after that, he has already opened new positions in bitcoin, ethereum and 5 other assets (previously his portfolio included 32 positions).
- The South Korean authorities have included in the sanctions list a number of North Korean hacker groups and individuals associated with cyber attacks and cryptocurrency theft. This was reported by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Seoul. The sanctions came just hours after South Korea and the United States announced a cybersecurity joint venture.
In particular, hackers working in the information technology sector at the North Korean company Chosun Expo Joint Venture were blacklisted. It is alleged to be a shell company associated with the Lazarus Group. North Korean hackers have stolen more than $1.2 billion worth of virtual assets since 2017, including $626 million in 2022, according to information provided by the Foreign Ministry.
- Former Goldman Sachs CEO Raoul Pal believes Ethereum is destined to reach a five-digit price in the next bull market. The macro expert has set a target price for ethereum around $10,000, primarily due to the good potential of the token. However, he believes that some of the main competitors will surpass him. “ETH is the money of the internet. And I do not think that it will lose this status, but this does not mean that this is the best player, - said the financier. - Solana, I think, aims for the widest possible adoption, making it convenient for the consumer. […] However, ETH is the easiest way because it probably has the least risk.”
- According to technical analysis by CryptoQuant expert Grizzly, BTC/USD has formed a unique pattern that has previously been observed at market lows. The specialist added the 200-day SMA and the realized price to the long-term chart and concluded that this could be a sign of a long-term uptrend. According to his observations, this was especially evident in 2019, 2015 and 2012.
At the same time, Grizzly noted that macroeconomic factors that put pressure on high-risk asset markets should not be overlooked. It is not known whether bitcoin will be able to “separate” from assets such as stocks and demonstrate “decent behavior” as a reliable hedge against inflation. According to the expert, only time will tell if the largest cryptocurrency maintains its upward trajectory.
- Another popular Twitter analyst, Kaleo, with 563,000 followers, also shared his prediction about the near future of bitcoin and ethereum. The analyst believes that a price of $30,000 is still possible for bitcoin. Ethereum, in his opinion, will repeat the movement of 2018-2020. The price of this altcoin rose from $80 to $480 then. At the time of writing the review, the ETH exchange rate is $1,580. According to Kaleo's calculations, the target level is located almost twice as high: around $3,000.
- The number of users of the first cryptocurrency will grow from the current over 300 million to 1 billion in the next three years. This would be riughly 12% of the world's population. This forecast was given by well-known analyst Willy Woo. He recalled that it took six months for bitcoin to form an audience of the first 1,000 users. It took five years for that number to rise to 1 million. The network achieved its current figures of more than 300 million, 13.8 years after the formation of the genesis block. For comparison, Woo cited the audience of PayPal (430 million people) and Twitter (400 million, most of which, he believes, are bots).
- Robert Kiyosaki, author of the bestselling book Rich Dad Poor Dad, stated that the price of bitcoin will rise to $500,000 by 2025. “A giant crash is coming. Depression is possible. The Fed has been forced to print billions in counterfeit money. Gold at $5,000, silver at $500, and bitcoin at $500,000 by 2025,” he wrote. And he added that gold and silver are the money of the gods, and bitcoin is like a dollar for ordinary people.
Prior to this, Anthony Scaramucci, founder of the hedge fund SkyBridge Capital, said that the value of one bitcoin on the exchange could double to $50,000 over the next two to three years. Scaramucci called 2023 a “recovery year” for bitcoin.
Notice: These materials are not investment recommendations or guidelines for working in financial markets and are intended for informational purposes only. Trading in financial markets is risky and can result in a complete loss of deposited funds.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]